The Trust's Protecting Our Places Contestable Grants Team is looking for independent reviewers from across New South Wales with knowledge and expertise to assist in reviewing project progress and final reports and making recommendations for effectively managing awarded grants. Expressions of interest for the Protecting Our Places program are open from 21 August to 22 September 2023.
This is a fabulous opportunity for selected reviewers to work with community and build further understanding of the cultural and environmental projects happening on Country while contributing your skills and knowledge to deliver better outcomes for the environment and Aboriginal community organisations of New South Wales.
The Contestable Grants Team currently administers 8 active grant programs, including:
- Restoration and Rehabilitation
- Protecting Our Places
- Environmental Education
- Environmental Research
- Bush Connect
- Saving Our Species Contestable Grants Program
- Saving our Species Partnerships Program
- River Connections
We are looking for people with a high level of expertise and/or research experience in one or more of the following areas:
- land and/or cultural resource management
- restoration ecology
- threatened species management
- ecological/cultural fire practices/management
- invasive species management
- community engagement/education
- Aboriginal community run projects.