Waste Less, Recycle More
The initiative includes programs for local government, business, industry and the community. The programs support and complement each other, and together form a comprehensive approach to improving the management of waste materials in NSW.
The NSW Government has allocated $802 million over 9 years for Waste Less, Recycle More. The initiative will run until 2020–2021.
Our grants under Waste Less, Recycle More are:
- Improved systems for household problem wastes – community recycling centres
- Landfill consolidation and environmental improvements
- Major resource recovery infrastructure
- Organics collections (formerly Local government organics collection systems)
- Organics infrastructure – business organics recycling
- Organics infrastructure – food donation
- Organics infrastructure – processing infrastructure
- Organics infrastructure – product quality
- Recycling innovation (this combines two previous grants programs, Innovation in priority problem wastes management and Innovation in shredder floc management)
- Remanufacture NSW
These programs won’t have any new grant rounds but some of them have continuing projects: