Waste Less, Recycle More
The Waste Less, Recycle More initiative is a set of programs, some managed by us (the NSW Environmental Trust) and some by the NSW Environment Protection Authority.
The initiative includes programs for local government, business, industry and the community. The programs support and complement each other, and together form a comprehensive approach to improving the management of waste materials in NSW.
The NSW Government has allocated $802 million over 9 years for Waste Less, Recycle More. The initiative will run until 2020–2021.
Our grants under Waste Less, Recycle More are:
- Improved systems for household problem wastes – community recycling centres
- Landfill consolidation and environmental improvements
- Major resource recovery infrastructure
- Organics collections (formerly Local government organics collection systems)
- Organics infrastructure – business organics recycling
- Organics infrastructure – food donation
- Organics infrastructure – processing infrastructure
- Organics infrastructure – product quality
- Recycling innovation (this combines two previous grants programs, Innovation in priority problem wastes management and Innovation in shredder floc management)
- Remanufacture NSW
These programs won’t have any new grant rounds but some of them have continuing projects: