NSW Government Sustainability Policy
The NSW Government Sustainability Policy sets targets and strategies for the NSW Government to lead by example in sustainable water use, reducing greenhouse gas emissions from energy, waste and fleet management and sustainable purchasing.
The Sustainability Policy ensures NSW government agencies:
- consider sustainability in all relevant decision making
- reduce greenhouse emissions
- are more efficient in their use of energy and water and reduce wider environmental impacts associated with water and energy use
- meet the challenge of rising prices expected for energy, fuel, water and waste management
- are more efficient in their use of vehicles use
- produce less waste and increase recycling in Government activities
- use purchasing power to drive efficiency.
All elements of the NSW Government Sustainability Policy apply to budget dependent agencies. Fleet, waste reduction and purchasing elements also apply to other NSW Government agencies.
Local Government and public trading enterprises are strongly encouraged to adopt these principles as an integral part of their business, thereby contributing to NSW broad sustainability outcomes while pursuing good business practice.
Get regular updates on the NSW Government Sustainability Policy and programs by joining the Sustainable Government e-Newsletter mailing list. Send an email to email@example.com to join.
NSW Government Sustainability Policy (08453sustainabilitypolicy.pdf, 1816KB)
What would you like to do next?
Page last updated: 12 February 2014