Love food hate waste grants program
The Love Food Hate Waste grants program is now open for applications. The closing date is Tuesday, 14 June 2016.
Aim of the program
This program complements the Environment Protection Authority's (EPA) successful Love Food Hate Waste program with over $1.4 million of funding over four years. The aim is to raise awareness of food waste and provide households and businesses with simple actions they can do to reduce the amount of edible food disposed of in NSW.
Grants are open to eligible Love Food Hate Waste partners such as councils, council groups, non-government organisations and community groups. Four funding rounds are planned for this program. Three funding rounds have now been completed.
This program is being delivered through a partnership between the Environmental Trust and the EPA under the Waste Less, Recycle More Organics Infrastructure fund. Additional information can be found on the EPA website .
Grants writing session
A grants writing session will be hosted in Sydney on Tuesday 24 May 2016 from 10am to 3pm to assist applicants write their grant application. This session is limited to 10 people. Register your place via Eventbrite.
Grants of up to $70,000 are available for new projects or additional activities to existing Love Food Hate Waste projects.
All projects incorporate a monitoring and evaluation plan that is integrated into the project and measures changes in community knowledge, attitudes and behaviours relating to food waste avoidance. Projects must also use Love Food Hate Waste resources, website and key messages.
Love Food Hate Waste Business Program
The Love Food Hate Waste program has recently developed new resource kits for businesses to identify and avoid food waste by providing an all-in-one information package. Applications are encouraged in this round for Love Food Hate Waste partners to work with the local food businesses in using the kit. The kit includes:
- How-to videos
- Forms to complete a food waste review
- Action plan to avoid spoilage, preparation and plate waste
- Tools to educate staff and customers
For more information and a sample of the kit, contact the EPA Love Food Hate Waste program managers at firstname.lastname@example.org
In Round 3 the Environmental Trust awarded funding to 10 projects totalling $324,310. A list of successful projects and project summaries is available on the 2015 grant summaries page.
Guidelines and application forms
Before you begin, applicants must read the guidelines, taking note of the submission checklist.
- The Application form is an Adobe Smart Form (PDF). You will need Adobe Reader XI to complete the form. You can download the latest Adobe Reader, which is free. (refer to the tips in the form for use as well).
- Do not use Acrobat Pro to complete your form as it will not save the document with your typed responses.
- Open the Application form, complete the questions and then save the document as organisation name only, and application number if more than one application being submitted.
- You will need to save and name your document each time your close it down.
- Once saved, the application form can then be emailed as an attachment.
2016 forms and guidelines
Page last updated: 29 April 2016