Love food hate waste grants program
Program is currently closed to applications.
Aim of the program
This program complements the Environment Protection Authority's (EPA) successful Love Food Hate Waste program with over $1.4 million of funding over four years. The aim is to raise awareness of food waste and provide households and businesses with simple actions they can do to reduce the amount of edible food disposed of in NSW.
Grants were open to eligible Love Food Hate Waste partners such as councils, council groups, non-government organisations and community groups. Four funding rounds were planned for this program which have now been completed. Through the four funding rounds a total of $1,132,916 was allocated to 35 projects*.
This program is being delivered through a partnership between the Environmental Trust and the EPA under the Waste Less, Recycle More Organics Infrastructure fund. Additional information can be found on the EPA website .
* Some successful projects may have resolved to decline the grant offer or withdrew their project.
Grants of up to $70,000 were made available for new projects or additional activities to existing Love Food Hate Waste projects.
All projects incorporated a monitoring and evaluation plan that is integrated into the project and measures changes in community knowledge, attitudes and behaviours relating to food waste avoidance. Projects must also use Love Food Hate Waste resources, website and key messages.
In Round 4 the Environmental Trust awarded funding to seven projects totalling $214,125. The list of successful projects and project summaries is available on the 2016 grant summaries page.
- Round 3 allocated $324,310 to ten projects. The list of successful projects and project summaries is available on the 2015 grant summaries page.
- Round 2 allocated $237,684 to eight projects. The list of successful projects and project summaries is available on the 2014 grant summaries page.
- Round 1 allocated $356,797 to ten projects. The list of successful projects and project summaries is available on the 2013 grant summaries page.
Example forms and guidelines
The program is currently closed to applications. The forms and guidelines below are for information purposes only.
Love food hate waste business program
The Love Food Hate Waste program had recently developed new resource kits for businesses to identify and avoid food waste by providing an all-in-one information package. Applications were encouraged in the fourth round for Love Food Hate Waste partners to work with the local food businesses in using the kit. The kit includes:
- How-to videos
- Forms to complete a food waste review
- Action plan to avoid spoilage, preparation and plate waste
- Tools to educate staff and customers.
For more information, contact the EPA Love Food Hate Waste program managers at email@example.com
Page last updated: 07 December 2016