Environmental Research Grants
Technical Review of Expressions of Interest (EOIs) submitted to the 2015 round of the Environmental Research grants program has now been completed, with a selection being invited to submit a full application by 26 June 2015. The next call for EOIs will take place in early 2016.
The aim of the Environmental Research program is to support applied research projects that help address environmental problems in NSW.
The objectives of the Environmental Research program are to:
- generate new knowledge or information to facilitate local solutions to environmental problems
- discover new methods of operation for NSW industries that are less harmful to the environment and enhance public good
- knowledge and advance techniques to solve general environmental problems in NSW
- assess and evaluate application of innovative solutions to decrease environmental degradation in NSW.
Program priorities for 2015
Grants will be available for applied biophysical, social or economic research that relates to the program’s priorities.
Research priorities have been set for the current round of the Research Program (2015) and proposed for next year’s round (2016). Proposed priorities for 2016 are outlined in the Program Guidelines.
Priority 1: Land and seascape management
- Fire regimes
- Biodiverse production systems
- Impacts of developments and extractive industries
Priority 2: Water-dependent ecosystems
- Risks to aquatic ecosystems
- Ecological water
- Aquatic biodiversity
Priority 3: Soil health
- Soil biodiversity
- Soil chemical properties
- Carbon storage potentials in soil
Priority 4: Mechanisms for social engagement
- New methods to engage, communicate and assess socio-economic variables and values in relation to environmental issues
- Decision support tools for land use planning and Natural Resource Management
The total amount being offered under the Environmental Research program in 2015 is $1,000,000.
Grants of up to $150,000 are available
Guidelines and application forms
The Environmental Research application process has two stages; Expression of Interest, and then application by invitation only.
Grants awarded in 2014
A total of 196 EOIs were received and 34 were invited to submit full applications. The Environmental Trust approved eight applications totalling $1,035,544. A list of successful projects and project summaries is available on the 2014 Research major grants page.
Grants awarded in previous years
For information on previous grants awarded please select the relevant program from the side navigation menu. A full range of case studies from previously conducted Environmental Research projects are available on the case studies page.
For further information please contact the Environmental Trust on (02) 8837 6093 or by email at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Page last updated: 16 June 2015