Environmental Restoration and Rehabilitation Grants
Call for applications
The Restoration and Rehabilitation Program is now open for applications. Applications close 5pm 19 September 2014.
NEW for 2014 – funding is now available for owners and managers of State Heritage Register-listed places working to conserve, restore and rehabilitate ecosystems and habitats on their heritage properties.
Aim of the program
The aim of the Restoration and Rehabilitation program is to facilitate projects run by community organisations and government entities working to prevent or reduce environmental degradation of any kind. Through these projects, we also aim to improve the capacity of communities and organisations to protect, restore and enhance the environment.
The objectives of the Restoration and Rehabilitation program are:
- to restore degraded environmental resources, including rare and endangered ecosystems
- to protect important ecosystems and habitats of rare and endangered flora and fauna
- to prevent or minimise future environmental damage
- to enhance the quality of specific environmental resources
- to improve the capacity of eligible organisations to protect, restore and enhance the environment
- to prevent or reduce pollution.
Funding for 2014
The total funds offered under the Restoration and Rehabilitation grants program will be:
- $2 million for projects by community organisations working to prevent or reduce environmental degradation
- $2 million for projects by government entities working to prevent or reduce environmental degradation
- $0.5 million for owners and managers of State Heritage Register-listed places working to prevent or reduce environmental degradation on their heritage properties.
Grants of between $5,000 and $100,000 are available.
Guidelines and application forms
Further information sources
In addition to the Guidelines for Applicants, further information that may be helpful in preparing a Restoration and Rehabilitation program application is available here.
In the 2013 round of the program, the following grants were awarded:
A total of 111 applications were received requesting $8,177,504. The Environmental Trust awarded 26 projects totalling $2,002,229.
A total of 89 applications were received requesting $7,118,342. The Environmental Trust awarded 25 projects totalling $2,036,298.
For information on all previous grants awarded please select the relevant program from the side navigation menu.
A range of case studies from previously conducted Restoration and Rehabilitation projects are available on the Case Studies page. These projects all have their unique way of assisting to conserve and enhance the New South Wales environment.
PO Box 644, Parramatta 2124
Phone: (02) 8837 6093
Page last updated: 19 September 2014