Environmental Restoration and Rehabilitation Grants
The Restoration and Rehabilitation Program is a contestable grants program seeking to achieve long-term beneficial outcomes for the NSW environment.
Funded by the NSW Environmental Trust, the program encourages and enables community and government organisations to protect, conserve and restore our valuable natural environment.
Call for applications
The 2015–16 round of Restoration and Rehabilitation grants program is currently open to applications. This call for applications closes on 18 September 2015 (5 pm).
Aim of the program
The aim of the Restoration and Rehabilitation program is to facilitate projects run by community organisations and government entities working to prevent or reduce environmental degradation of any kind. Through these projects, we also aim to improve the capacity of communities and organisations to protect, restore and enhance the environment.
The objectives of the Restoration and Rehabilitation program are:
- to restore degraded environmental resources, including rare and endangered ecosystems
- to protect important ecosystems and habitats of rare and endangered flora and fauna
- to prevent or minimise future environmental damage
- to enhance the quality of specific environmental resources
- to improve the capacity of eligible organisations to protect, restore and enhance the environment
- to prevent or reduce pollution.
A total of $5.3 million is available under the 2015/16 round of the Restoration and Rehabilitation grants program. This includes:
- $2 million for projects by community organisations working to prevent or reduce environmental degradation
- $2 million for projects by government entities working to prevent or reduce environmental degradation
- $1.3 million for owners and managers of State Heritage Register-listed places working to prevent or reduce environmental degradation on their heritage properties.
Grants of between $5,000 and $100,000 are available.
Guidelines and application forms
Further information sources
In addition to the Program Guidelines and How to Complete your Application Form documents provided above, further information that may be helpful in preparing a Restoration and Rehabilitation project application is available here.
For further information specific to the Heritage funding stream, click here.
In the 2014 round of the program, the following grants were awarded:
A total of 95 applications were received requesting $7,440,523. The Environmental Trust awarded 23 projects totalling $2,015,787.
A total of 85 applications were received requesting $6,300,000. The Environmental Trust awarded 24 projects totalling $2,016,000.
For information on all previous grants awarded please select the relevant program from the side navigation menu.
A range of case studies from previously conducted Restoration and Rehabilitation projects are available on the Case Studies page. These projects all have their unique way of assisting to conserve and enhance the New South Wales environment.
PO Box 644, Parramatta 2124
Phone: (02) 8837 6093
Page last updated: 10 September 2015