Environmental Restoration and Rehabilitation Grants
Call for applications
The next round of Restoration and Rehabilitation grants program is expected to open in August 2015.
Aim of the program
The aim of the Restoration and Rehabilitation program is to facilitate projects run by community organisations and government entities working to prevent or reduce environmental degradation of any kind. Through these projects, we also aim to improve the capacity of communities and organisations to protect, restore and enhance the environment.
The objectives of the Restoration and Rehabilitation program are:
- to restore degraded environmental resources, including rare and endangered ecosystems
- to protect important ecosystems and habitats of rare and endangered flora and fauna
- to prevent or minimise future environmental damage
- to enhance the quality of specific environmental resources
- to improve the capacity of eligible organisations to protect, restore and enhance the environment
- to prevent or reduce pollution.
The total funds offered under the Restoration and Rehabilitation grants program in 2014 were:
- $2 million for projects by community organisations working to prevent or reduce environmental degradation
- $2 million for projects by government entities working to prevent or reduce environmental degradation
- $0.5 million for owners and managers of State Heritage Register-listed places working to prevent or reduce environmental degradation on their heritage properties.
Grants of between $5,000 and $100,000 are available.
Guidelines and application forms
|Stage||Opening date||Closing date||Forms
Available once program
is open for application
Example guidelines and application forms
2014 Program Guidelines (140575ProGdeRR.pdf, 287KB)
2014 How to complete your application (140574ApGdeRR.pdf, 494KB)
2014 Application Form (140573ApFrmRR.docx, 206KB)
2014 Application Budget (140617ApBudRR.xls, 162KB)
Further information sources
In addition to the Guidelines for Applicants, further information that may be helpful in preparing a Restoration and Rehabilitation program application is available here.
In the 2013 round of the program, the following grants were awarded:
A total of 111 applications were received requesting $8,177,504. The Environmental Trust awarded 26 projects totalling $2,002,229.
A total of 89 applications were received requesting $7,118,342. The Environmental Trust awarded 25 projects totalling $2,036,298.
For information on all previous grants awarded please select the relevant program from the side navigation menu.
A range of case studies from previously conducted Restoration and Rehabilitation projects are available on the Case Studies page. These projects all have their unique way of assisting to conserve and enhance the New South Wales environment.
PO Box 644, Parramatta 2124
Phone: (02) 8837 6093
Page last updated: 11 February 2015