Weddin Mountains National Park Plan of Management - Draft Amendment for Horse Riding
The Weddin Mountains National Park Plan of Management Draft Amendment for Horse Riding is now available for review and comment.
Public exhibition of the draft amendment provides an important opportunity for members of the community to have a say in this proposed addition of horse riding opportunities in Weddin Mountains National Park.
What is a plan of management and amendment?
Parks and reserves established under the National Parks and Wildlife Act 1974 need to have a plan of management. The plan includes information on important park values and provides directions for future management. The plan of management is a legal document, and after the plan is adopted all operations and activities in the park must be in line with the plan.
From time to time plans of management are amended to support changes to park management.
You can view the plan of management proposed to be amended, Weddin Mountains National Park Plan of Management (1995)
What opportunities will the community have to comment?
The draft amendment to the plan of management is on public exhibition until 3 April 2017 and anyone can review the amendment and provide comments.
When will the amendment be finalised?
At the end of the public exhibition period in April 2017, NPWS will comprehensively review all submissions, prepare a submissions report and make any necessary changes to the proposed amendment. The Western Rivers Regional Advisory Committee and the National Parks and Wildlife Advisory Council will then review the amendment along with the submissions and report, as required by the National Parks and Wildlife Act.
Once their input has been considered and any further changes have been made to the amendment, we provide the amended plan to the Minister for the Environment. The amended plan of management is finalised when the Minister adopts the amendment under the National Parks and Wildlife Act. Once a plan is amended it is published on the NPWS website and a public notice is advertised in the NSW Government Gazette.
How can I get more information about the proposed amendment to the plan?
For further information on the proposed amendment please contact the NPWS Park Management Planning Team on 02 6841 0921.
Where can I see a printed copy of the proposed amendment to the plan?
Hard copies are available for viewing at the following locations:
- NPWS Bathurst Office (Level 2, 203-209 Russell Street, Bathurst NSW)
- NPWS Forbes Office (Camp Street, Forbes NSW)
- Grenfell District and Public Library (88 Main Street, Grenfell NSW)
- OEH Customer Centre (Level 14, 59-61 Goulburn Street, Sydney).
How can I comment on the proposed amendment?
Public exhibition for the proposed amendment is from 17 February 2017 to 3 April 2017. You are invited to comment on the proposed amendment by sending a written submission during this time.
While all submissions count, they are most effective when we understand your ideas and the outcomes you want for park management. Some suggestions to help you write your submission are:
- Write clearly and be specific about the issues that are of concern to you.
- Note which part or section of the proposed amendment your comments relate to.
- Give reasoning in support of your points - this helps avoid misinterpretation and makes it easier for us consider your ideas.
- If you agree or support a particular part or idea in the proposed amendment, please tell us.
- If you disagree, please tell us specifically what you disagree with and why you disagree.
- It is very helpful to suggest solutions or alternatives to managing the issue if you can.
You can provide your written submission in either of the following ways:
Public exhibition for this document is from 17 February 2017 to 3 April 2017.
During this period, members of the public are invited to comment on the document, by sending a submission.
Page last updated: 20 February 2017