Revised MOU between NPWS and 4WD NSW and ACT Inc.
A revised version of the memorandum of understanding (MOU) between the NSW National Parks and Wildlife Service and 4WD NSW and ACT Inc. was signed on 23 January 2007 by Dr Tony Fleming, Deputy Director General Parks and Wildlife Division, and Mr Greg Redfern, the newly elected President of 4WD NSW and ACT Inc.
The MOU seeks to develop a more collaborative approach to conservation and park management consistent with our volunteer policy and guidelines, and to achieve the following outcomes:
- improved conservation of the State's natural and cultural heritage
- greater enjoyment, understanding and appreciation of protected areas
- additional opportunities for community participation in park management
- sustainable and sensitive visitor use
- improved communication and conflict resolution.
Expanding opportunities for all sections of the community to participate in volunteer activities is a new direction identified in the NSW State Plan, and is consistent with our Corporate Plan, our Living Parks Strategy and our Healthy Parks Healthy People program.
Members of 4WD clubs are very enthusiastic about contributing to conservation projects and have much to offer.
Documents to download
Page last updated: 27 February 2011