Eco Schools grants
The Eco Schools Grants Program is now open for applications. The closing date is Friday 17 June 2016.
The Eco Schools Grant Program aims to provide environmental learning opportunities for students, teachers and the school community. Eco Schools projects provide hands-on curriculum-based environmental education focussing on strong student participation.
- Grants of $3500 each are available for up to 80 schools in 2016-17.
- Up to 25 of these grants will be available for projects working primarily with students with special needs.
The program will fund school environmental management projects aimed at one or more of the following objectives.
- Enabling schools to promote more efficient resource use and improve the quality of the local environment.
Managing for sustainability
in school and the community
- To encourage schools and the community to explore opportunities for working together for sustainability outcomes.
A total of 141 applications were received for the Eco Schools program in 2015. The Environmental Trust approved 78 applications totalling $273,000, which includes projects working with children with special needs. A list of successful projects and project summaries is available on the 2015 Eco Schools grant summaries page.
Best practice examples, tips and resources
A collection of examples, tips and resources based on previous Eco Schools grant successes are available to help you develop your project idea. Links to relevant pages can be found on the Eco Schools Resources page.
Indicative costs are also available to provide an idea of how much your project may cost.
Guidelines and application forms
Before you begin, applicants must read the guidelines, taking note of the submission checklist.
- The Application form is an Adobe Smart Form (PDF). You will need Adobe Reader XI to successfully complete the form. You can also download the latest Adobe Reader, which is free.
- Do not use Acrobat Pro to complete your form as it will not save the document with your typed responses.
- Open the Application form, complete the questions and then save the document as name of school only.
- Once the Application form has been saved it can then be emailed as an attachment. Email subject line must be Name of School - Eco Schools Application.
The Eco Schools program guidelines provide an overview of the program, including what is available, eligibility requirements and the application and assessment process. Step by step guidance on how to complete your application form has also been provided to help you plan your project. Curriculum links to assist in project reporting will be available on the Eco Schools resources pages in the near future.
2016 forms and guidelines
Frequently asked questions
The information on this page has been provided to assist you in developing an Eco Schools funding application.
All grantees should use the Eco Schools reporting template for their final report. It is recommended that all schools read the template before completing their application. Further detail and template are available on the Eco Schools program reporting page under Grantee Reporting Process.
Page last updated: 25 May 2016