Eco Schools grants
Call for applications
The 2015 round of the Eco Schools grants program opened to applications on 2 March 2015 and closes 15 May 2015.
Changes to the program in 2015
In 2015 the Eco Schools grants program has combined with the Food Gardens In Schools program to make it easier for schools to apply for funding. In 2015, the program will:
- increase funding available for school environmental education projects
- provide greater opportunity for students with special needs by funding a broader range of environmental projects
- offer up to 80 grants of $3,500 each over two years. A further 18 grants of $3,500 each will be available for projects catering for students with special needs.
The Eco Schools Grant Program aims to provide learning opportunities for students, teachers and the school community, through hands-on curriculum-based environmental projects that focus on strong student participation.
The program will fund school environmental management projects aimed at one or more of the following objectives.
- Enabling schools to promote more efficient resource use and improve the quality of the local environment.
To assist teachers to integrate environmental management principles and practices into curriculum delivery and maximise student learning.
To promote professional learning for teachers to gain skills and knowledge about sustainability education and engagement.
Managing for sustainability
in school and the community
- To encourage sustainable management of resources, school operations and grounds, and to fund activities that facilitate student and community learning about the environment.
The ultimate goal of the Eco Schools Grant Program is the development of environmentally sustainable schools.
Best practice examples, tips and resources
A collection of examples, tips and resources based on previous Eco Schools grant successes are available to help you develop your project idea. Link to relevant pages can be found on the best practice page.
Indicative costs are also available to provide an idea of how much your project may cost.
Guidelines and application forms
Frequently asked questions
The information on this page has been provided to assist you with your application.
Grants awarded in 2014
A total of 69 applications were received for the Eco Schools program in 2014. The Environmental Trust approved 46 applications totalling $115,000. A list of successful projects and project summaries is available on the 2014 Eco Schools grant summaries page.
All grantees should use the Eco Schools reporting template for their final report. It is recommended that all schools read the template before completing their application. Further detail and template are available on the Eco Schools program reporting page under Grantee Reporting Process.
For further information please contact the Environmental Trust:
Page last updated: 26 March 2015