School Energy Efficiency Program
The Schools Energy Efficiency Program under the NSW Climate Change Fund provides $20 million to help reduce greenhouse gas emissions from NSW public high schools.
The program will be jointly delivered by the Office of Environment and Heritage and the Department of Education and Training.
Key elements of the program include:
- Open to approximately 225 NSW high schools
- Lighting retrofit - full lighting retrofit provided for each participating school
- Student Savings Fund - up to $18,000 per high school for students to select and fund their own energy efficiency projects
- Internet access to school electricity meter - to educate students and allow tracking of performance
- Monitoring equipment - supply of simple equipment for students to monitor the energy use of basic equipment at their school and in their homes
- Access to program officer - to provide technical support to teachers and students
- Curriculum material - provision of material to teachers (developed jointly by DET and OEH)
- Sustainable Schools - participating schools required to join Sustainable Schools and develop a School Environmental Management Plan, with online support through the Sustainable Schools Program.
For more information about the Schools Energy Efficiency Program and to register your interest, please contact us. (email@example.com )
Page last updated: 03 May 2011