If, like us, you want to help conserve our unique plants and animals for generations to come, there are a few ways to support us and be part of Saving our Species.
Help save our threatened species
Nearly 1000 native plants and animals are currently facing extinction in NSW. But it’s not too late to do something and make a difference: join the movement to save our one-of-a-kind species.
Saving our Species Program
Join the movement
Volunteers are integral to the success of our program – here’s how you can get involved.
- Volunteer to help threatened species through the SEED Citizen Science Hub or Volunteer Portal.
- Volunteer online through DigiVol.
Become an SoS partner
Through collaboration we can achieve a greater impact and deliver tangible and long lasting results for more threatened plants and animals in NSW.
Report a sighting
If you’ve spotted a threatened animal or plant in NSW, reporting the sighting can help us better understand and manage the species.
- Report or help wildlife in emergencies
- Report it on your smartphone:
- Get the I Spy Koala app
- Get the FrogID app.
- Report it to the Environment Line.
- Report sightings of flying-foxes on powerlines to iNaturalist.
Stay in touch
Receive news from the Saving our Species team and learn how you can continue to make a difference.
- Sign up to our newsletter.
- Follow us on Instagram | Twitter | Facebook
- Listen to the Saving our Species podcast
- Be part of the conversation online using #SavingourSpecies