Kangaroo management zones are used to allocate and issue harvesting quotas. These quotas limit the number of kangaroos of each species that may be harmed commercially in any kangaroo management zone.
- NSW commercial kangaroo management all zones (PDF 3.6MB)
- Zone 1: Tibooburra (PDF 3.8MB)
- Zone 2: Broken Hill (PDF 4.7MB)
- Zone 4: Lower Darling (PDF 4.6MB)
- Zone 6: Cobar (PDF 4.3MB)
- Zone 7: Bourke (PDF 6MB)
- Zone 8: Narrabri (PDF 4.6MB)
- Zone 9: Armidale (PDF 2.6MB)
- Zone 10: Coonabarabran (PDF 6.7MB)
- Zone 13: Glen Innes (PDF 4MB)
- Zone 14: Upper Hunter (PDF 5.1MB)
- Zone 16: South East (PDF 4.3MB)
- Zone 17: Griffith North (PDF 6.3MB)
- Zone 18: Griffith South (PDF 4.4MB)
- Zone 48: Central Tablelands North (PDF 2.8MB)
- Zone 49: Central Tablelands South (PDF 2.7MB)
Annual harvest quotas for each management zones are established using population estimates calculated from annual population monitoring and reporting.
For more information on kangaroo management zones and population quotas in New South Wales, see the Wildlife Trade Management Plan for the Commercial Harvest of Kangaroos in New South Wales 2022–26 or contact the Kangaroo Management Program Team.