The NSW Scientific Committee is now called the NSW Threatened Species Scientific Committee.
The Biodiversity Conservation Regulation includes criteria to guide listing decisions for threatened species and ecological communities under the Biodiversity Conservation Act. The NSW Threatened Species Scientific Committee has prepared these guidelines to help with interpreting the concepts and terms in the listing criteria given in the RegulationThe conservation value of regrowth native plant communities: a review (PDF 441KB)
This 1998 report for the NSW Scientific Committee reviews the literature on the conservation value of regrowth native vegetation. It focuses on NSW, but also considers literature from other regions of Australia and overseas.Information Guide (PDF 436KB)
This guide includes information about the functions of NSW Threatened Species Scientific Committee and how the Committee operates. It also describes the type of information held by the Committee that can be accessed under the Government Information (Public Access) Act 2009.
Advice and submissions
The NSW Threatened Species Scientific Committee may provide advice on matters relating to threatened species conservation and management.
- Submission on Biodiversity Certification: Draft Assessment Methodology (PDF 642KB)
- Submission on Draft Priority Action Statement Review Report (PDF 587KB)
- Submission on Biodiversity Banking and Offsets Scheme (PDF 127KB)
- Submission on the Draft Native Vegetation Regulation 2012 and draft Private Native Forestry Code of Practice (PDF 433KB)
- Submission on Review of the Native Vegetation Regulation: Private Native Forestry and Koalas Discussion paper (PDF 99KB)