Sydney Harbour is universally acknowledged as a place of extraordinary natural beauty. Sydney Harbour National Park, including the Strickland Estate, Nielsen Park and the Hermitage Foreshore precincts, are an integral part of the harbour's foreshore setting.The draft master plan has been prepared to protect, conserve, and promote the spectacular natural, cultural and historic heritage of Strickland Estate, Nielsen Park and Hermitage Foreshore Track, Sydney Harbour National Park and build a valued legacy for future generations.
The draft master plan identifies and outlines:
- the vision and guiding principles for the joint site
- visitor experiences including day use, activities and events
- landscaping and interpretation concepts
- public access and circulation
- vehicular and traffic management
- park management aspects including essential services
- proposed uses for buildings.
As a place of significant cultural and heritage value, it is especially important that we hear from the community to assist us in delivering a well-considered master plan for this unique and iconic site.