Be creative! You don’t need a garden to green your home.
You can grow plants in pots, on trellises, in wall gardens or hanging baskets.
The more you surround yourself with greenery, the better you’ll feel. And you'll provide food and shelter for your local wildlife, like bees and butterflies.
Make the most of your small spaces
Here’s some tips for how to bring nature into your small space:
- use a trellis or reinforced mesh to support climbing plants
- hang well-secured baskets around the railing and fill them with herbs, succulents or flowering plants like native daisies and violets
- grow climbing vegetables like tomatoes, peas, and beans in hanging baskets
- grow flowering plants and herbs to provide food for beneficial insects like ladybirds or lacewings, which control pests like aphids or scale
- choose natives when you can, although exotic plants attract native butterflies and bees too
- don’t use poisons – they can impact your health and kill beneficial insects.