Aboriginal Places Policy
The purpose of this policy is to guide OEH staff and contractors employed by OEH to identify, nominate, gazette and manage Aboriginal Places under the National Parks and Wildlife Act 1974.
- 8 January 2011
- Office of Environment and Heritage
The declaration of Aboriginal Places recognises and legally protects Aboriginal cultural heritage.
This policy gives guidance to help:
- determine appropriate protection for places
- assess and prioritise Aboriginal Place applications
- engage stakeholders and land owners/managers
- declare of Aboriginal Places
- manage declared Aboriginal Places.