Field survey methods
Best practice field survey methods for environmental consultants and surveyors when assessing proposed development sites or other activities on sites containing threatened species, populations or ecological communities.
- 1 October 2004
- Department of Environment and Conservation (NSW)
It’s recommended you follow the best practice survey methods in these guidelines.
However, you can deviate from them provided you include a referenced, scientifically valid justification.
1. Follow the guidelines
2. Preliminary assessment
3. Habitat assessment
4. List of threatened species
5. Determining Biometric vegetation types
6. Survey methods and effort
7. Vital information to report