A trial of horse riding in wilderness commenced in April 2014 in wilderness areas within Kosciuszko National Park, Mummel Gulf National Park, Deua National Park and Monga National Park. The amendments to the relevant plans of management enable horse riding to continue in these specific wilderness locations.
Horse riding will be allowed on the the following tracks:
- Kosciuszko National Park – 31.9 kilometres of trail in wilderness
- Deua and Monga National Parks – 39.1 kilometres of trail in wilderness, and 18.4 kilometres not in wilderness
- Mummel Gulf National Park – 11.5 kilometres of trail in wilderness.
These amendments are to be read in conjunction with the:
- Kosciuszko National Park Plan of Management (2006)
- Far South Coast Escarpment Parks Plan of Management (2011)
- Mummel Gulf National Park and State Conservation Area Plan of Management (2012)