The Hunter River and its estuary have a long history of human use, misuse and contamination. This report collates the scattered literature and environmental monitoring data into a cohesive description of the pressures and condition of the Hunter River, how this has been managed, and how the condition of the estuary has changed over the past 50 years.
- Lower Hunter River Health Monitoring Program: Project Summary Report
- Lower Hunter River Health Monitoring Program: Stormwater Quality Monitoring Program 2015 report
- Lower Hunter River Health Monitoring Program: Water Quality Monitoring Program 2014–2015 report
- Preliminary Ecological Assessment of the Lower-to-Mid-Hunter River Estuary 2015–16
- Health of the Hunter: Hunter River estuary report card 2016.