The NSW Natural Resources: Monitoring, Evaluation and Reporting (MER) Strategy 2010–2015 guides the monitoring, evaluation and reporting efforts of natural resources over to:
- support continuous improvement of natural resource management and investment decisions
- inform evaluation and reporting on progress towards the state-wide natural resource management targets at state-wide and catchment scales
- improve knowledge of the condition of natural resources, the pressures they face and trends in their condition
- improve capacity to report on achievements of investments in natural resource management programs
- improve data management and sharing arrangements among MER partners
- enhance collaborative partnerships with key natural resource management players to strengthen the MER effort.