The document outlines the pest management priorities for the region, including:
- protecting threatened species and endangered ecological communities
- reducing significant impacts of pests on neighbouring properties
- protecting water storage for the populations of Sydney and the Blue Mountains
- responding to new and emerging pest threats
- protecting the Greater Blue Mountains World Heritage Area
- protecting significant cultural heritage assets.
The Blue Mountains pest management strategy broadly identifies pest distribution and related impacts across the region. It uses the state strategy framework to prioritise pest management programs and details programs supported by local community involvement.