This Plan authorises the use of water for environmental purposes that:
- enhance opportunities for threatened and other native fish and waterbird recruitment in the Lachlan Regulated River Water Source,
- enhance river and wetland habitat for water dependent biota in the Lachlan Regulated River Water Source,
- maintain the ecological character of Murrumbidgil Swamp on Merrimajeel Creek,
- restore a near-natural wetting pattern to Ita Lake,
- provide for ecologically beneficial flooding of the Merrowie, Torriganny, Muggabah and Merrimajeel effluent creek systems by enhancing annual replenishment flows as established under Part 12, Clause 60, sub-clause 1(c),
- provide for ecologically beneficial flows in the Lachlan River channel below Booligal Weir, and/or
- contribute to maintaining the ecological character of the Great Cumbung Swamp.