This review of environmental factors has considered the unique coastal environment, the state level significant cultural sites, numerous Aboriginal sites, the impact to local community and social values, plus the level of visitation and quality of the visitor experience proposed. The project will provide a range of visitor experiences from short and extended walks, half or multi-day options and will also provide opportunities for tourism partnerships, strengthening the local economy.
The proposal has been developed over a long period of time, including extensive planning, investigation and community consultation The Tomaree National Park Plan of Management amendment and Draft Tomaree Coastal Walk Strategy have set the framework and outlined what is to be achieved by the proposal.
- Tomaree Coastal Walk addendum report (PDF 8.5MB)
- National Parks and Wildlife Service Visitor Infrastructure Program Determination Notice (PDF 368KB)
- Appendix A – Draft Statement of Heritage Impacts (PDF 7.3MB)
- Appendix B – Biodiversity Assessment (PDF 60.3MB)
- Appendix C – Traffic Management Plan (PDF 2.8MB)
- Appendix D – Soil Landscapes (PDF 7.2MB)
- Appendix E – Clause 228 Factors (PDF 70KB)
- Appendix F – Site Photos (PDF 7.3MB)
- Appendix G – Examples of proposed track construction methods (PDF 4.4MB)
- Appendix H – Existing Walking Tracks within Tomaree National Park (PDF 402KB)
- Appendix I – Submissions Snapshot – Exhibition of Tomaree National Park Draft Plan of Management Amendment and Draft Tomaree Coastal Walk Strategy (PDF 1.6MB)