Trading in native animals and plants

Licences to transport animals into and out of NSW

You need a licence to import almost all protected native animals into NSW, or export them from the state.

Licences to commercially trade in native animals

OEH permits the commercial trade of native birds and reptiles. When applying for a licence, refer to the policy on the commercial trade of protected fauna for information on how to apply.

Commercial use of native plants

Find out more about how OEH regulates the commercial use of protected native plants for purposes such as cut flowers and whole plant sales.

Page last updated: 02 January 2018