About us

About us

Applying for permission for commercial filming in a national park

If you are interested in using NSW national parks and reserves for commercial filming or photography, you need to complete a filming or photography application. You can download application forms at the bottom of this page.

For your application to be successfully lodged, you must submit the following:

  • the filming or photographic application form
  • a map clearly marked with where you wish to film.
  • the application fee; and
  • a copy of your public liability cover or a certificate of currency
    • The PLI must be for a minimum of ten million dollars ($10,000,000)
    • The PLI must name the Department as interested parties as per the following text: The Minister for the Environment, the Chief Executive of the Office of Environment and Heritage and the Crown in right of New South Wales.

Please submit the application to filming.photography@environment.nsw.gov.au

All applications require a minimum 7 working days’ notice.

The local NPWS office will process your application. You will be notified if your application is approved. A security deposit, daily/weekly/hourly fees and any applicable supervision fees are payable upon approval of the application.

Once all fees have been received, the NPWS will issue an agreement which authorises your activities and includes all conditions relating to the filming or photography.

Forms, fees & guidelines

More information

Page last updated: 23 October 2018