The existing tracks have value to the mountain biking community. By formalising existing trails and incorporating them into the proposed network, the proposal would reduce the likelihood of new unsanctioned tracks being created. By creating a formalised network, the proposal will enable National Parks and Wildlife Service to close and rehabilitate remaining unsanctioned trails.
Potential impacts of new tracks have been reduced by careful assessment and planning of tracks to avoid areas of the highest ecological value.
- Attachment A – Aboriginal Cultural Heritage Assessment Report – Balgownie Mountain Bike Track Network (not publicly available), Niche Environment and Heritage
- Attachment B – Ecological Assessment – Balgownie Mountain Bike Track Network, Niche Environment and Heritage (PDF 12.6MB)
- Attachment C – Statement of Heritage Impact – Balgownie Mountain Bike Network, Niche Environment and Heritage (PDF 11.1MB)
- Attachment D – Report on Preliminary Geotechnical Assessment – Balgownie Mountain Bike Track Network, Balgownie, NSW, Terra Insight (PDF 32.8MB)
- Attachment E – Balgownie Mountain Bike Track Network – Built features details, Synergy Trails (PDF 8.2MB)